Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Reader's Choice Color Challenge













I had a really fun time making the card for this challenge over at Kristina Werner's blog. You can check out the challenge here. There are lots of great submissions! Here's the card that I made:

I was really inspired by a technique that Jennifer McGuire showed over at the CK blog. She did a great technique with water color paper, resist embossing, distress inks, and pearlized water...so I decided to give it a try for this card. Love how it turned out. Nice and bright! Did some embossing on vellum and wrapped that around the main image. Used my trusty Martha Stewart 3 butterfly punch for added interest (these were punched out of watercolor paper that I inked up with distress ink and misted with the pearlized water too). Here's a closer look:



Thanks for stopping by!
Deb

Supplies:
Cardstock: Solar White (Neenah), Vellum (Papertrey Ink)
Embossing Powder: White (American Crafts)
Stamps: Silhouette Grass and Essential Messages (Hero Arts)
Ink: Spun Sugar, Tumbled Glass, Shabby Shutters (Ranger Distress Ink), Versamark
Punch: 3 in 1 Butterfly (Martha Stewart)
Other: Pearl (Perfect Pearls) mixed with water in a mini mister, Watercolor paper

3 comments:

  1. This is awesome! I loved Jennifer's video but I haven't had a chance to try it. thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love it! TFS!

    ReplyDelete