Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Reader's Choice Color Inspiration Challenge #3

It's time for another CI challenge over at Kristina Werner's blog. I knew I would be taking part in this challenge because I LOVE this color combo. This was my sister's wedding combo a few years back!! Then I started creating...and I have four projects to share using this combo. I am pretty sure I have another one in me using some old Making Memories paper...but I had to cut myself off at four. I figured that was enough...for now I suppose. Once I get a project idea in my mind I've got to get it out...so don't be suprised if another project using this combo comes soon. Anyway, on to the projects I did make.  Oh, and I'll have supply lists at the end of the post for all four projects.

The first is a notepad inspired by Michelle Wooderson. I love the Papertrey Ink notepads, and at $6 for 10 it's a great deal, especially if you're a list maker like me. I have a bunch of notepads already covered, and a supply over notepads waiting for their special cover. This has to be one of my favorite PTI sets!!

I used two of Papertey's Vintage cream notepads (they have Dark Chocolate lines...how perfect). I took the cardboard backer off of the top notepad and attached it to the bottom pad with some score tape and a small strip of vintage cream cardstock (pretty much the way Nichole Heady explains here). Then I just cut my cardstock to size and decorated the cover. I had colored the butterflies a while ago with some Copics, and thought they went perfectly.

Then I moved onto a few cards...because I couldn't stop once I got started. Here's the first one I made...and I think it's my favorite of the bunch.

Made this card using another of my favorite PTI sets, A Little Argyle. I am loving how this one turned out. I used some fun cabbage rose ribbon and my Copics again (to color those little flowers). While this was a bit time consuming (stamping those diamonds individually) once I get going, it comes together pretty quickly. Love how this one turned out...just like I saw it in my mind!!

And then, I made this one...

I used my Hero Art's Hydrangea stamp, Copics, and some Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist on the shipping tag. Paired up with an elegant sentiment from PTI's Damask Designs, and I've got a very versatile card for any occasion.

And it didn't end there...here's the last one I put together.

It's a very simple card compared to the other's, but I just couldn't wait to break out my Fancy Flourish PTI stamp set that I just received with my latest order. Again, very simple, but I think it's elegant too.

Thanks for stopping by!
Deb

Supplies:

Notepad:
Cardstock: Dark Purple and Light Purple (Bazzill); Rustic Cream (Papertrey Ink)
Stamps: Vitntage Ledger (Unity Stamp Co); Background Basics: Text Style II, Take Note (Papertrey Ink); Antique Engravings (Hero Arts)
Ink: Dark Chocolate and Certainly Celery (Stampin Up!); Ripe Avocado and Plum Pudding (Papertrey Ink); Tuxedo Black (Momento)
Die: Large Beautiful Bloom #2 (Papertrey Ink)
Other: Various Copic Markers, 1 3/4 inch circle punch (Stampin Up!); Vintage Cream Notepads (Papertrey Ink); Felt (Felt on the Fly)

Dreams:
Cardstock: Dark Purple and Light Purple (Bazzill); Rustic Cream (Papertrey Ink)
Stamps: A Little Argyle (Papertrey Ink); Dreams du Jour (Stampin Up!)
Ink: Dark Chocolate, Certainly Celery, Old Olive (Stampin Up!)
Buttons: Simply Chartreuce (Papertrey Ink)
Die: Mat Stack 2 Die (Papertrey Ink)
Ribbon: Sugared Grape (MemrieMare)
Other: 2" Circle Punch, DMC Floss

Just Because:
Cardstock: Light Purple (Bazzill); Certainly Celery (Stampin Up!); Vintage Cream (Papertrey Ink)
Stamps: Hydrangea (Hero Arts), Damask Designs (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Dusty Concord and Walnut Stain (Ranger); Dark Chocolate (Stampin Up!); Tuxedo Black (Momento)
Glimmer Mist: Coffee Shop (Tattered Angels)
Ribbon: Spring Moss Satin (Papertrey Ink)
Other: Shipping Tag; Various Copic Markers

Celebrate:
Cardstock: Dark Purple and Light Purple (Bazzill); Certainly Celery, Old Olive, Very Vanilla (Stampin Up!)
Stamps: Fancy Flourishes and Damask Designs (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Vintage Cream (Papertrey Ink); Close to Cocoa (Stampin Up!)
Ribbon: Brown Stitch (Joann's)
Punch: Scallop (Fiskars)



1 comment:

  1. I love the notepad. Great idea. I may have to borrow it :)

    ReplyDelete