Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A Little Jingle...

It was nice to break away from holiday cards to get in my latest card for the fifth challenge at the Papertrey Playhouse blog yesterday!! But now, it's on to Day 22 of Kristina's Holiday Card series. I loved the design of this card and the faux metal label. I tried to make my own metal label...twice...and both were epic failures. I don't think I was quick enough getting my stamp into the puddle of melted embossing powder. So I didn't want to repeat the attempt a third time. Instead, I just used the design of the card. I went for a standard sized card instead of the mini card. Here's what I came up with...


I wanted to use some 7gypsies tape and my Tiny Treats Christmas, and I think the marriage turn out quite nicely...with the addition of Fine Linen Cardstock and some Fancy Pants Tradition patterned paper.

I loved the design of this card so much, and I needed another Hanukkah card, so I went ahead and made one. All Papertrey Ink on this one, with the exception of the ink...I used an American Crafts Stamp Marker. I have had them for a while and have only used them once, so I figured I would break out my Denim marker (it looks black, but its's actually a nice blue). Combined with some Rustic Cream Cardstock, Bitty Box Basics and Distressed Dots for the finished card.


Thanks for stopping by!!
Deb

1 comment:

  1. Love these! the colors are great, love your coloring and the simple design would work for so many things. def going into my CASE file.

    ReplyDelete