Monday, March 21, 2011

4x6 Photo Love

Happy Monday!!

So I finally put together a layout for the first installment of the 4x6 photo love class over at 2peas, which you can find here. I know, I did the second lesson first and the first lesson second...but now I am all caught up! I am loving this class!! I can't wait to see how it progresses, as Shimelle is adding an uncropped 4x6 photo to each month's lesson...which means that by December she will have a class with 12 4x6 photos!! I am looking forward to that one!!!

But for now, I have my one photo layout...


My hubby and I have a tradition (well, more like a habit now) of taking a photo of ourselves at certain events. You know the kind where one of people holds the camera out, arm fully extended, and snaps the picture kind. Over the years we've started taking more and more pictures of us like this! I love these kind...so much more so with the digital camera...we can look at it and delete it if it's necessary to try again. We started this a few years back at one of the many Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Parties we have attended over the years, and it's become tradition ever since. But we seem to do it more and more...which I love!! This photo was taken at last year's Very Merry Christmas Party, which also happened to be my hubby's birthday!! So that was fun!

I used lots of American Crafts Dear Lizzy Christmas papers, and a few patterns by Echo Park too (they go so well together). I also used some AC Thickers too!! Love those Thickers!! The snowflakes are Papertrey Ink's Peace Be Still die collection...with assorted buttons from my stash. And I used Papertrey's Mini Scrapbook Series: Journaling Circle stamp set as well to document the event and date! Made for a bright and cheery layout...much like it was a fun evening spent with my hubby celebrating his birthday and Christmas!!

Thanks for stopping by!!

1 comment:

  1. Love the self-portraits. What is even more awesome is when someone else sees what you are doing and offers to take a photo of you both. Found you through BFS.

    ReplyDelete