Saturday, April 16, 2011

aloha

I put this layout together using another of Shimelle's sketches of the week. I have been loving these the last few weeks!! Let's be honest...I have been loving SKETCHES in general lately!! Going to be getting away from them though!!


I put this layout together to be the first page in our Hawaii vacation album (from our trip 7 years ago). My husband had been chosen to be a member of the Circle of Excellence for his company. The reward was for him and a guest to go to the Big Island for 5 days, completely paid for!! How awesome is that!! We then chose to extend out stay another 3 days and fly over to Oahu. We could have also gone to Maui or Kauai. We chose Oahu because we both wanted to visit Pearl Harbor. We knew this could possible be a once in a lifetime trip, so we knew instantly that's where we wanted to go. I am thankful every day that I had the opportunity to go to Hawaii and to Pearl Harbor!!

The photo above was taken from our balcony from our room at the Hilton Waikola on the Big Island. We were lucky enough to get an ocean view room!! Loved hearing those waves every night...and the room faced west so we got to see the sun set too!


The border up the page was punched using this blossom Martha Stewart punch. Every place there was a blossom, I added an old Prima flower (these flowers came from a Prima jar...that's how old they are). I stamped the title using various ink colors and my Natalee stamp set from Studio Calico (still debating the Noah alphabet, but it seems so close to this one...I will probably break down and get that one soon though). I used my Silhouette for the sun and circles. I love the bright and airy feel of this layout!!

Thanks for stopping by!!
Deb

1 comment:

  1. That border is fab - it really gives the tropical feel. I want to do this sketch, now just need to decide which picture to use :0)

    ReplyDelete