Tuesday, June 21, 2011

One Fine Day

I am a little late in getting this post up. Usually this one goes up on Monday!! That's all thanks to a lovely Sunday off of work...and lovely LAZY Sunday off. Those are my favorite kind!!

Also, sorry for my absense from blogging. We had an unexpected event occur on the 11th, and all of my posts after that had already been set up to go. I am just now getting back to the craftiness and blogging. I wanted to share my latest layout that I put together for Shimelle's most recent sketch of the week. In the sketch, she calls for a large photo, I used 8x8 and filled the space to the left with a combination of embellishment and journaling, highlighting our final night in Oahu watching the almost perfect sunset (only a few clouds away from perfect...but it was stunning nonetheless)!! Oh, and I am not sure that you can really tell, but in the photo there are a bunch of black spots in the water to the right...those are surfers!! I think there were surfers in that ocean 24/7!!


I adore that city scape paper from American Craft's new Margarita collection (it's the Mambo pattern), but an entire sheet of it is very overwhelming for me. So I just found what looked to me like a natural line in the cityscape, trimmed it out, and fit in directly to the left of my photo. Then I layered on a details sticker that matched...perfect embellishment!!


I also paired up some of the shiney brads (they are the diamond brads to be more specific...same collection) with my Martha Stewart circle burst punch (pretty sure that's not the exact name of that one...oh well). The paper used for those punches however, is one of Doodlebug's Petite Prints...matched perfectly!! And I really wanted to use yellow for the base not orange and most of the 'B' sides of the American Crafts paper is orange. So Doodlebug it was!!!


I LOVED that blue for my title block...but it just looked to plain as a solid block. Literally as soon as the postman delivered my Studio AE stamp set, I got it inky! Love this month's set!!! I just stamped the words randomly in lines across the block with Pacific Point ink (from Stampin Up). Turned out exactly the way I wanted and not an ounce of plain left!! Love it!!

Thanks for stopping by!!
Deb

1 comment:

  1. Love your use of the AC paper and what a great photo!

    ReplyDelete