Thursday, June 30, 2011

Summer Card Camp

I was finally able to play along with the color combo for the first week of Summer Card Camp with Kristina Werner and Jennifer McGuire. I pulled out some old Basic Grey 6x6 pads (Green At Heart and Lemonade) for my card, and combined it with Papertrey Ink's Fillable Frame #5 die and Lawn Fawn's Quinn's ABC's (which I colored with a blue copic). This is what I came up with...


I did a bit of paper piecing on this one. I used some regular printer paper and drew out some lines. I cut the pieces apart and temporarily adhered them to the patterns I picked out so I could cut them out for a perfect fit (the blue is from Lemonade, while all of the other patterns are from Green At Heart). Layered them all on top of the blue. Then I die cut my focal point, stamped the sentiment and colored it in. I used Jennifer's techinque from Tuesday and colored around the edge of the negative portion of the die cut, trimmed, and adhered around the die cut. I am loving this technique!!! I added the button tied with twine for interest.

Thanks for stopping by!!
Deb

2 comments:

  1. Love the pattern you designed for your background and your paper choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. O wow really very awesome! I think this is one of the best sites out there. It has so much information. I certainly love this website, keep on it. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete