Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Sunset

This layout is one of the last that I had put together using the 'creative stash diving' process. I knew that I wanted to put these photos on a two page layout and had to do some pretty hard thinking on how to make sure they flowed well for my eye. I was a bit indecisive about it to be honest. I kept playing around with the placement until I finally felt like it worked...and I loved it!! So sorry about the glare on these pics...this was a hard layout for me to photograph!!


These are very special photos...even though they were taken with my point and shoot film camera (it was 2004 and I was just getting into digital photography). I knew that we were facing west when we were on The Big Island and I really love sunsets...so naturally I wanted to capture at least one sunset on film!! These are from our very first night on the island!! I picked different times to snap some photos so I would get the sun at different points in the sky, then some with the sun on the horizon. I love these photos, even though they might not be the best, but they take me back to the exact moment this happened!! I remember it clear as day, as if it just happened last night!!


I decided that I wanted to just have a longer title for this layout and really let the photos speak for themselves. I was able to say everything I wanted to say in the title...so I decided to just do some stamping in my empty block on the left side of the layout. Love this type of stamping (from Nichol's May Scrapbooking Stamping class over at 2peas in case you were wondering) and I think I am going to have to give this a go again, but on a bigger strip next time!!!


Thanks for stopping by!!
Deb

2 comments:

  1. I'm not a fan of orange, but it works so well on your sunset page. Nice work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That`s really illustrious layout.It displays your hard work for these layouts.your color combination is very nice,specially sun with water.
    Thanks for sharing such a great post.

    ReplyDelete