Thursday, June 23, 2011

Three Fun Projects

So I decided to take a break from all of the Hawaii vacation layouts I had been putting together and broke out some Echo Park! I actually broke out a few different collections, and used three to show here today. I just LOVE Echo Park!! I think I actually have every collection in my stash, with possibly only a few exceptions! I pulled out some photos to scrap and rather than try to use the same collection on all three projects (which I easily could have done), I wanted to play with a two that I haven't used yet...Little Boy and Springtime. Why have I not used these yet?? So much fun to get crafty with!! I also used some of my favorite Playground papers too!! I'll have complete supply lists at the end of the post. So hang on...here we go !!!

My first layout features the Little Boy Collection (and a few For The Record letter stickers...the small red words). It is really just a lot of layering until it works for me. I started with the dots on the side and then the big blue dots to ground the photos. Since the patterns in the collection coordinate so well together, the rest came together very quickly!! I love the letter stickers in all of the collections too! I am becoming addicted to them! They make putting together titles super easy since you can mix and match collections as I have done here (and you can mix and match the sizes withing the collections as well...also as I have done here)!! I usually start out with just the letters that come in the collection pack...then end up buying a few more sheets of the letters because I run out of this letter or that letter!!!


I saw this quote on Pinterest and knew it would fit these pictures perfectly. I did have to change the quote a bit to include 'grand' as the quote is "children become readers on the laps of their parents." Both my niece and nephew love to read, which at 2 and 4 is fantastic. My nephew LOVES interactive books...something with buttons to push so he can be involved. On this day, he only had a few of his books with him as my sister's family was visiting my parents. He was having so much fun reading with Grandpa (my dad) that he just kept going back for more...even if he had already read them. He didn't care, he wanted to keep reading with Grandpa...it was so cute!!

For my second layout, I decided to focus on my niece swinging on her new swing set. Tell me that the Playground collection wasn't perfect for this!! The only part of this layout that is not from Playground is the yellow dot pattern up the center...that is from the Sweet Summertime collection from last summer (yep, I've still got a little of that left...I hoard my favorite papers people)!! But how perfectly does it go with Playground?!? That's another thing I LOVE about Echo Park...you can mix and match the pattern papers between collections too!! Who knew...more bang for your buck!!! This time, instead of layering everything, I only layered the border strip across the middle. The stripes along side the yellow dots are that skinny and fitted right up against the center strip. Then I trimmed the green dots to fit right up against the stripes. This way it gives the illusion of being all layered without the bulk and without using up all of this fab paper!! I punched the clouds to add some interest to the top of the page.


The title on this one comes from one of my much loved stamp sets by My Favorite Things. It was just too perfect for these photos!! I love playing with titles lately. Using something fun like on these two layouts rather than just saying something like "Reading with Grandpa" or "New Swing Set." So much more fun this way!!

Finally, I decided to make a card using the Springtime collection. With the exception of the tag sentiment, everything on the card is from ONE sheet of pattern paper!! It's got 4 6x6 squares on the 'B' side which are perfect for cards!! Oh, and those dots on the far left side are from the UPC strip on the bottom of the paper. LOVE how more and more companies are doing this!! I just trimmed off the pattern and added it to my card! It was perfect!! The flowers were cut from the 'A' side of the paper. I layered a yellow flower on top of a pink flower, crumpled up the sides and popped the yellow flower up with dimensional adhesive. Then I added some glossy accents on the green spot in the center for more dimension!! And the sentiment tag (from the journaling cards) is perfect!! This collection actually gives you a few choices for sentiments for a card like this, but the pink edges of this block fit my card perfectly...so a birthday card it became!! So quick and easy to put together...almost everything is done for you!!


I hope you enjoyed these projects!! I am really thinking that my next stash diving project will consist of a bunch of these papers because I had so much fun putting these projects together!!

Thanks for stopping by...and have a great weekend!!
Deb

Supplies: All Supplies are from Echo Park unless noted
(Grand)Parents:
Pattern Papers: Little Boy Collection: Awesome Dot, Cool Stripe, Rockstar, Journaling Cards
Stickers: Little Boy Alpha Stickers and Elements Stickers, For The Record Alpha Stickers
Cardstock: Kraft (Bazzill)
Punch: Notebook Paper Border Punch (EK Success)

Whee:
Pattern Papers: Playground Collection: Red Rover, Heads Up Seven Up, Merry Go Round, Rimon Says Border Strips, Capture The Flag; Sweet Summertime Collection: Sunny Spots
Stickers: Playground Alpha Stickers;
Cardstock: White (American Crafts)
Punches: Large and Extra Large Clouds (Fiskars); Double Embossed Dotted Edger (Fiskars)

Happy Birthday Card:
Pattern Papers: Springtime Collection: Floral Fun, Journaling Cards
Cardstock: Solar White (Neenah)
Punch: Double Scalloped Border (EK Success)
Other: Glossy Accents

No comments:

Post a Comment