Monday, July 11, 2011

Turning 30!

Well, I turned 30 almost 3 years ago now (yep...I'll be 33 in about 3 weeks), and right now I have no worries about sharing my age!! That, of course, may change!! I was lucky in that my parents had come to town the week of my birthday and my sweet hubby and I went with them to Disney's Hoop-de-do Musical Review for dinner. It's a great show for kids and adults!! The humor is perfect to entertain people of all ages! If you're in headed to Disney World anytime soon, I highly recommend it!!

Anyway, I had made a mini album around my 30th birthday, but I figured that this also warrented a spot in my main album. I used Shimelle's latest sketch of the week for this one, and had so much fun putting it together! Since red and blue seemed to be so prominent in the photos, I pulled out some scraps I had from The Girls' Paperie On Holiday collection (so sad that The Girls' Paperie is no more, but I am loving Margie's newest venture Authentique...so much so that I am going to share a layout tomorrow using Uncommon...but I digress)!! There is quite a lot going on on this layout...but I honestly love it!! I love that it's a little busy and your eyes need to keep moving around the page! I love that I was able to incorporate stamping and die cutting. I love my new doily die...why did I wait to long to pick this up?!?! But...on to the layout!!


I love the banner at the top!! That is actually some patterned paper and I simply cut the triangles out then pieced the banner! I did some hand stitching just to add that extra detail. I also added a photo on the left side of the layout.


My embellishment clusters are layers of die cuts and stamped tickets using Papertrey Ink's Just The Ticket stamps and ticket border die. I used my much loved Martha Stewart butterfly punch, but thought that the red polka dot paper was just a little too bold...so I toned them down with some Flirty Glimmer Glaze.

Thanks for stopping by!
Deb

1 comment:

  1. The doilies are gorgeous! What a fun page using Shimelle's sketch!

    ReplyDelete