Saturday, August 20, 2011

signature accent


Hello Saturday!! I love weekends and I love not having to work on Saturday! I work in retail, so I usually work Saturday and have Sunday off...but this week it's the opposite. Not that I like working on Sunday (in fact it's my least favorite day to work...even beating Monday) but every so often, I really enjoy having a Saturday off!!

I wanted to start the day off today with a layout that I put together for Shimelle's Signature Accent challenge from her scrappy weekend last weekend (still have a smidge of time left to create for these challenges if you want)!! A few weeks ago I would have said my signature accent is usually a flower or butterfly. Lately I have been in love with little layered circles. But I think that's just a phase I am in right now...I still LOVE my floral embellishments!! So that's what I went with for this challenge!! And I decided to go with homemade florals! Also as of late, if I can make the embellishment rather than buy it, I will! So that's what I did.


For this layout, I used a lot of the Classics collection from American Crafts. It's got of layers and I love it. I also love the photo, which was taken from the instagram app using my iPhone and printed by postalpix (another iPhone app). I can't rave enough about postalpix! Anyway, back to the layout!! I made the flowers using the barcode strip that can be found on the AC papers. I just trimmed them, adhered them into circles, pressed in the center slightly, layered them up (four circles for each flower), and stapled them together in the center with my tiny attacher. Then I just adhered a coordinating button to the center with a glue dot!! Super easy and add's a great element to layouts!!

I am sure to be back later with more layouts for the challenges! If I am counting correctly, I've got 5 left (including the two from this past week)!! Hopefully I get them all done..I'm sure gonna give it the old college try!! Thanks for stopping by!!
Deb

1 comment:

  1. What a great page! I love your barcode flowers! I love the little strips too and making them into something useful is ingenious!!

    ReplyDelete