Sunday, September 25, 2011

lawnscaping challenge #18: text


The latest Lawnscaping challenge is all about text!! Text backgrounds, book print, newspapers, etc. I decided to make my own text background!! The only stamp set that I used for this card was Lawn Fawn's Happy Haunting, and I am not going to lie...it is by far my most favorite Halloween stamp. To be honest, I don't have that many Halloween themed stamp sets, but this is #1 among the ones that I do have!! I just love all of the images!! So much so, in fact, that I used quite a few on this card. Take a look...



I used the 'have a spectacular halloween' sentiment from the set to creat the background, stamped with dried marigold distress ink. Then for some added dimension, I stamped the Hero Arts envelope stamp using the same ink. I then added some more ink around the edges using the ink blending tool (more dried marigold). The ghosts, house, and moon where then stamped, colored (in the case of the house and moon), and cut from white cardstock. I added the small bat to the moon before coloring for added fun. I used a Papertrey Ink die to cut the banner and stamped the 'happy haunting' sentiment using white ink. Added a few twine tied buttons and called it done. I used purple for the base only because I thought that looked much better with the orange than black!!

I loved this challenge and it was fun to play along again, since it's been a while since I played along with a Lawnscaping challenge!! Thanks for stopping by!!
Deb

5 comments:

  1. Oh Deb, this is fabulous! I am loving loving loving your background! Love that you used the HA envelope pattern in there as well! Love that subtle look. Your scene is incredible. The twine tied buttons is the perfect finishing touch! SPOOKTABULOUS! LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! :) So glad you joined us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. Great use of text and I love the coloring on the house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I'm struggling coming up with ideas for my Halloween cards, and your card is fantastic inspiration. It's fabulous

    ReplyDelete