Monday, October 3, 2011

hula dance

In keeping with the blog appreciation I started last week, this week is dedicated to American Crafts. I am going to focus on a different collection each day this week and I am excited to break into some collections that I've had but haven't used yet!! First up is Margarita. I love this collection!! It's so bright and fun!! I have been using it for our Hawaiian vacation photos from 2004 and it fits these photos perfectly!!

This is probably the earliest that I have put together a layout for the 4x6 photo love class over at 2peas yet. The new classes come out on the 30th of each month, and with September's class we are to put 9 photos on a one page layout. You can check out the class at 2peas here, or at Shimelle's blog here (she's the teacher of this class).


I stitched the green dot pattern paper to the base paper (the leaves) to create a pocket. Inside the pocket are two sheets of cardstock that each hold 4 photos. Those 8 photos plus the one of the pocket, make for 9 4x6 photos on this one page layout!! Love this and will certainly recreate it again!!


Above is a look at the two cards within the pocket. I had taken so many photos of the hula dancing at the luau in Honolulu that I wanted to include them in our album, but many were dark and fuzzy. These were the best one's from the group.


These are the back sides of those cards. More photos of the hula dancing. Again they're darker and a bit fuzzy so under normal circumstances I might have left them out of the album all together, but this way I can include them and they aren't main focus of the page since they're tucked inside the pocket!!


And this is a look at the layers of pattern papers under the main photo and the title block. I love that American Crafts is including a print on the back of the UPC strip!! I used that under the title and brought it across the other side as well (mainly to cover a distracting part of the photo, but it works)!!

I hope you check out this month's lesson and maybe give it a try!! I will be back with another American Crafts project tomorrow! Until then, thanks for stopping by!!
Deb

1 comment:

  1. looks great! I loved this months layout too. And you have given me an idea!!! We went to a show at Sea World in Florida and took loads of photos but most are not great quality as it was dark. I could easily use them this way rather than my normal way of adding in a 6x12 protector with them all on :-) Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete