Monday, April 23, 2012

Details

Hello bloggers!! How have you been?? I am so sorry that I haven't been around lately!! But I am here and alive, and all is well in this part of the world, so 'hopefully' regular blogging will start up again starting now!! I have posts planned for the rest of this week into the beginning of next week anyway, and I will find at least 15 minutes of my day to share some projects with you. This week, I am sharing the 8 projects I put together for Shimelle's Scrapbooking weekend last weekend. I would have liked to have gotten to more of the challenges, but with work and life, I was happy to have knocked out 8. And some of them were quite a challenge for me...so that's always a good thing!! All of these projects are already up over at 2peas as well, so feel free to check them out over there and let me know what you think. You can find my projects here.

Anyway, on to the project!! I put this layout together for Shimelle's first challenge which was to scraplift Jamie Warren. I am not going to lie...this was way outside of my usual box. Normally, I scrap horizontally, but this had me scrapping vertically...certainly a challenge for me and one I enjoyed. It's good to break out of the box every now and again!!


I am pretty happy with how this turned out!! The photo is from my wedding almost 11 years ago now and was taken by our wedding photographer (Baker Studio of Photography in Baldwinsville, NY). I used a bunch of stuff from my stash for this layout and added in some new stuff as well. There's Crate, Dear Lizzy for American Crafts, The Girls' Paperie, Love My Tapes washi, Sweet Bella washi, Basic Grey, Hero Arts pearls, a Pebbles flag, Doodlebug twine, Studio Calico mist that I splattered, and some doilies. Loving how it all came together and I may try this style of scrapping again very soon!!

Thanks for stopping by and I will catch you back here tomorrow (I promise)!!
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment