Friday, September 17, 2010

Altered Serving Platter

This is another fabulous decor project that was made in the Glitz classes I took last month. I love this little beauty. Another project that was WAY outside of my comfort zone...but isn't it amayzing? I love vintage items. Even went on the hunt for a vintage tea set a few years back at antique shops up in Maine (did find the perfect set), so when I saw that this was a class I had to jump on it. I had NO idea what I was getting myself into other than seeing the samples, but this was even better then I imagined. I can totally see myself making more of these to give as gifts...maybe using photos of my grandparents!! Such a great idea!!  Here are some closer shots of the details.

And, yes...it is the SAME picture that I used on the cover of my altered album that I shared yesterday...I just LOVE that picture!! And the two pieces are on opposite sides of the studio, one is in color while the other is sepia toned...so it's all good if you ask me!

Thanks for stopping by today!!
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment