Saturday, October 9, 2010

Holiday Thinking Inking #1

I loved the Thinkink Inking series that Jennifer McGuire did over at 2peas last summer (that's what started my love of stamping) so when I saw that she would be back this fall with a Holiday version, I new I would have to participate again. I made this card for the first week's challenge, which is Distress Inks. I am not all that sure I like this card, but I went with it anyway. I pulled out my new Hero Arts Cloud background stamp, inked it up with some distress ink following the directions for the second card that Jennifer made, and then added the felt tree that was decorated with buttons. Added my Merry Christmas stamp and some gemstones to finish it off. Since I live in sunny Florida, this was my take on a warm climate Christmas card...we never have a holiday season with snow...so I made this card 'sunny.'

Thanks for stopping by!! Enjoy your weekend!!

Deb

1 comment:

  1. This is terrific! I've tried emboss resist before but could never really get the excess ink off of the embossed portion... For that reason, I never really use it. But your card and Jennifer's video tut have inspired me again!

    ReplyDelete