Saturday, November 6, 2010

Happy Holidays

Ok, so Card #5 features a banner senitment and three different snowflakes...at least that's how Kristina Werner made the card. I attempted the banner with some Lawn Fawn stamps, but had a major issue spelling Holidays (yep...totally spelled it hoidaies...how does that happen??)!!! So I took some scrap cardstock and cut it to size...and very very quickly made that DISAPPEAR!! That's my funny for the day that's for sure!! But I love how mistakes can be quickly covered up and made as if it never happened. In fact, if I hadn't mentioned it, you likely would never know I made a mistake!! Love that about papercrafting!!

For the snowflakes, I used the 2010 Holiday Tag Set from Papertrey Ink. Love that I could just easily punch these out with my 1 3/4 inch circle punch!! Totally made this very easy. I used the Sugar Plum Pattern paper and a strip of Ripe Avocado from Papertrey Ink as well. Finally broke out my Tim Holtz Scalloped Edge Sizzix die too. Can I just say that I am in LOVE with this die!! I will be using it again VERY soon!! I love the uneven scallop!! I chose inks that matched the pattern paper (Plum Pudding, Ripe Avocado, and Pure Poppy...all by Papertrey Ink) for the snowflakes and then whipped out my Signature Greetings (Papertrey Ink too) set for the sentiment. Love this card design, even without the banner sentiment!

That's it for Kristina's Holiday Card series for this week. Please be sure to check out her blog for tons of inspiration!!

I will be back tomorrow with a Thanksgiving card that I made for the Holiday Thinking Class over at 2peas. Until then, thanks for stopping by!!
Deb

1 comment: