Monday, January 10, 2011

Manic Monday

Welcome to a new week and some new weekly features on my blog!! So many of my favorite paper crafting bloggers have regular features on their blogs, that I thought it would be neat to try it out here...yes I did just say neat!! So here is what I have planned. Monday's are going to be "Manic Monday's" where I will feature a card I made for a challenge that's posted out there in blog land. I am a child of the 80's and who didn't love the Bangles back then, hence the name for Monday's!! Then I will have "Wordless Wednesday" where I will just be posting a photo. It ma b a photo that I took the previous week, or it may be one I took a long time ago. I am getting rusty with my photography and I figured I could share my snapshots with you!! "Thoughtful Thursday" comes next. No photos, just words - random thoughts, what I am grateful for this week, etc. I started this whole blog-o to write more since I was just a basic journaler in my scrapbooks (you know - who, what, where, when) but I tended to leave out the why and how. So this will force me to write more! And then, since 2011 is going to be more, for me, about scrapbooking (where 2010 seemed to be more about cards) I am going to have "Scrappin Sunday's" so I am getting scrapbook pages done completely, instead of just partially...at least one per week anyway!! We will see how long this schedule lasts as I think I am asking quite a lot of myself...but I am just stubborn enough to try!!

So on to my first Manic Monday...

I made this card for the challenge over at the Papertrey Playhouse blog. It's our first of the New Year. Hop on over and play along too!! For this challenge, Adele challenged us to create a stamped background!! I love background stamps and I thought about using my Text Style stamp or my Polka Dot Basics stamp, but instead I broke out my Giga Guidelines Two stamp set and got very inky!! Here's what I came up with...


 I LOVE Scarlet Jewel and Fine Linen together (though the ink is Cherry Cobbler from Stampin Up)!! So classy and elegant!! Loved getting all inky with this one! Great challenge Adele!!

Thanks for stopping by!!
Deb

6 comments:

  1. Very elegant. You're right, it's a great color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, wow, wow, Deb!! Super wonderful stamping! I should really, really get my Guidelines inky...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. really love this background!! using one colour gives a great effect :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. FABULOUS background- I just love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning~ love the color combo and that background is beautiful - better than patterned paper!

    ReplyDelete