Thursday, January 13, 2011

Thoughtful Thursday

Yesterday, I featured a photo of my oldest "child" Rocky. I took that one afternoon in December when he was sitting in the window in my husband's office, soaking up the afternoon sun. I am not even sure what he was looking at now that I look back on the moment, I am just grateful to have captured that image on film. He's almost 11 years young and we've had him since he was about 9 months old. He was our first pet in our first apartment together. I wasn't working at the time, instead I was a full time History Grad student. I wanted a companion during the day so I wouldn't go stir-crazy all by myself. He kept me company during the day and slept in one of the desk chairs in our shared office while I worked the night away. To this day, I will never forget the moment he adopted us at the Humane Society back in 2000. He rules the roost and keeps the other four legged kids inline!! Now-a-days he can often be found sleeping in our bed, on the very top of the cat post, or in one of the three beds in my husband's office. He doesn't have as much spunk as he had back in the day. Every once in a while, he get's the "crazies" and plays with Bum (our2 year old cat), but that doesn't last too long, much to Bum's dismay. Just has that burst of energy, then it's back to sleep somewhere. But, I am grateful everyday for what a he and our other pets bring to our lives. True unconditional LOVE!!

Thanks for stopping by!
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment