Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Sister & Brother

This layout started because I wanted to play along with the latest sketch over on Shimelle's blog. But then it morphed into one of her NSD challenges instead. Since I hadn't been crafty in a while, I wanted to get back into it with the assistance of her sketch of the week. Love them!! So I kind of merged the sketch with the challenge. You will certainly see hints of the sketch, but I decided to use the border between the two photos since one was a landscape photo while the other was a portrait photo. And I am excited to report that I am finally working on my nephew's first year album (he just turned two in March).


I use lots of Lime Rickey on this layout (an older collection from Basic Grey). I love all the bright, primary colors of this collection and got a bunch of it specifically for this album. I did use the new Studio Calico stamp I picked up when I joined their kit club this past month. Love the kit and add-on I picked up. How did I ever wait as long as I did to join??? I can't wait for the sneaks for June's kit to start in a few days!!!


















Here's a better shot of what I did on the top of the layout and the border strip dividing the photos. That little lable to the left is from Papertrey Ink and the sentiment is from Lawn Fawn. Loving that I am using more and more stamping on layouts too!! (Thanks Nichol for your Scrapbook Stamping class over at 2peas!!)

I will be back tomorrow with a layout that I put together using the May Studio Calico kit!! So excited about this still!! Thanks for stopping by!!
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment