Friday, July 15, 2011

Summer Card Camp - Week 3

I missed playing along with the color combo from week 2 (maybe I will have time to use that combo during my long weekend this weekend), but I was able to play around with this weeks color combo. I love the combination of neutrals with a pop of color. I love when that pop of color is pink or red!! This was perfect. And, I just received some new stamps that I have been dying to get inky!! Talk about perfect timing!!

I made two cards for this combo and both are pretty thin!! Perfect for mailing!! The first one is quite simple! I used Papertrey Ink's Vintage Cream cardstock as my base, then inked up Mehndi Medallion with Stampin Up's Sahara Sand, Close to Cocoa, and Dark Chocolate. I then used PTI's new Think Big Favorites #5 inked with Stampin Up's Real Red for my sentiment.


For my second card, I went with a little more detail, but it's also still pretty simple. I kept with the same cardstock (though I did add a small piece of Sahara Sand cardstock) and inks, but I also added a piece of patterned paper from Authentique's Journey 6x6 pad, which I then die cut using PTI's Simple Circles die. I also used their double ended banner die to ground my sentiment. As for stamps, I used PTI's Boy Basics: Simple Circles, Grunge Me, and Communique Sentiments.


Love the splash of red on both of these cards!! And, as always, thanks for stopping by!!
Deb

2 comments:

  1. You did a great job with the challenge. I love the color combination and the Medallions! So simple and clean...love it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on both cards...love clean & simple designs!

    ReplyDelete