Monday, July 18, 2011

you are the cat's meow!

It's Monday, so that means I am back with another layout based on Shimelle's latest Sketch Of The Week (which you can find here). If you go check out the sketch, you will notice that I changed it slightly and made it my own. First, I turned it 180 degrees so the title would be on the top right instead of bottom left. Second, instead of a square background, I made it a circle. Here's what I came up with...


Once I saw the sketch, I thought that Lawn Fawn's Say Cheese polaroid stamp would be a perfect fit for this page. Add some of my hipstimatic prints of my oldest cat, Rocky, and I've got a layout. I used some of May's Studio Calico kit (which I finally killed and put the remnants of into my stash...especially I still have the boxes with virtually untouched June and completely untouched July kits sitting in my studio begging to be used). Normally I don't distress edges unless I had planned to from the start, but those stars just didn't fit without it!! The cardstock background star was just to bright given the rest of the colors on this layout...so distressing of the edges was, in my opinion, required. Then I also had to distress the outside edge of the polaroid frames as well because the white became just too stark!! Overall, I am pleased with how it turned out!!

Thanks for stopping by today!
Deb

2 comments:

  1. I like your circular background. I think I like it better then the original sketch plan. Loving Histimatic photos at the moment and really wanting to get the iphone app to play with some of my own.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this layout, and I agree, the circle was an inspired idea. And love the polaroid effect. Overall a really great page.

    ReplyDelete