Friday, August 19, 2011

class of '96


Happy Friday!! I wanted to share a layout today that I put together for the retro challenge over at Shimelle's blog. This challenge is all about scrapping older photos, meaning photos from before 2011. I got out my old high school albums and decided to scrap some photos of my graduation in  (gulp) 1996. All of my high school photos are in 'safe' albums (meaning not magnetic) but they are certainly on my 'to scrap' list, they are just not of high priority on that list since they are already in safe albums and out for people to look at. I was even smart and wrote out all the names of everyone in those photos on little stickers that are placed next to the photo (so really, I could scrap these photos in 20-30 years and know everyone in those photos). So glad I thought ahead on that one!!!

But on to the layout. I used lots of red and white papers, because our colors were, well, red and white!


I am seriously becoming addicted to those circle embellishment clusters! I must make a layout without using them!!! The journaling on this is pretty straightforward and general because I have a TON of photos from this event. I've got photos, like these, that were taken from my parents in the stands and I've got photos that I took from the field! I have always been addicted to taking photos (and apparently documenting everyone in the photos) so it was a natural progression to scrapbooking the following summer!!

I hope you have a wonderful Friday! I will be back later with my layout for the latest installment of 4x6 photo love! Can't wait to share that layout! Until then, thanks for stopping by!
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment