Wednesday, August 10, 2011

halloween

I am up next hosting the challenge over at the Papertrey Playhouse!! I have had a busy few weeks and was sadly not able to play along with the last challenge to make a Christmas project. However, in keeping with the holiday theme of that challenge, I thought it would be fun to make a halloweek (or fall themed project if halloween isn't your thing)!! I decided to make a treat bag instead of a card. I figure this will be a just start in getting some fun things made for the people I work with!! Last year, I made everyone little glassine treat bags, this year, I think I make a bunch of these...or something very similar.


I decided to keep the project pretty simple, and yet it took some time to put together! I only used Sweet Treats II for this card, stamping the spider web all over some white cardstock to create my own background. I then used Favor It #3 to create my little bag (love this die...how have I not used it yet)!! I stamped my focal image and sentiment onto some Orange Zest cardstock and punched it out with a 3" circle punch. Then I tied some orange zest ribbon around the treat bag and adhered the focal image using some foam adhesive! Again, pretty simple in design, but packs a lot of punch!! And for a crew of co-workers that LOVE Halloween, this will be perfect...just need to whip up 29 more!! Thankfully I've got time for that!!

So the challenge: Make a Halloween or Fall Themed card, layout, or other project!! Hop on over to the Papertrey Playhouse post and leave a link to your project! I'd love to see what you make!!

Thanks for stopping by!!
Deb

2 comments:

  1. This is a great idea, well executed. Love, love, love it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute. I love how you made the background paper with the spider webs--oh so spooky.

    ReplyDelete