Monday, August 15, 2011

sketch of the week


I am back with a late post today! My blog schedule is quite messed up right now!! I had inteded to get this up earlier, but oh well!! I wanted to share the layout I created for Shimelle's latest Sketch of the Week. It was the first of her 'proud to scrapbook' challenge weekend. This was a fun sketch to work with, and I knew exactly what I wanted to do when I saw it...down to the photo I wanted to use and the embellishments. That usually never happens, so when it does, I embrace it and run with it!! Here's what I came up with...


I created another layout for our Hawaii album from our vacation way back when (7.5 years ago...WOW time flies)!! I made the flowers using the UPC barcode strip and other strips of patterned paper (American Crafts Margarita collection). Then added buttons on top to finish them off. I stamped the journaling spot and used a details sticker for the title. I painted close to the edge to balance out the design (Jenni Bowlin's Chicken Feed by Ranger).

I knew right away that I wanted to use this photo for this sketch layout! It's of the courtyard/lagoon that was in the center of the hotel we were at on the Big Island. This was before I had a digital camera, so this was taken with my film SLR. This is still probably my favorite photo from our vacation!! I knew I wanted to showcase it on a layout all by itself!!

Thanks for stopping by!!
Deb

2 comments:

  1. So pretty. Those papers def make it feel tropical!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the border around the outside and the bright, happy, tropical papers on this

    ReplyDelete