Monday, September 26, 2011

family vacation 2011

Hello Monday!! I am going to be doing something a little different over the next 5 weeks! I wanted to do this earlier this spring/summer, but it just never panned out. I have a bunch of favorite manufacturers and over the next 5 weeks I am going to highlight 5 of them, one per week! I will call it Blog Appreciation (which I have seen many times before from other bloggers so I can't take credit) Now my list is much longer than 5 (more like 10-15), so I am already planning when I can highlight 5 more!! These will be done in no particular order, just what I was working with at the time. And, in early 2012, I will come back with the next round of Blog Appreciation. This week it's all about Studio Calico!!

This week I am going to feature projects made from Studio Calico products and/or Studio Calico kits (since I am a member of their monthly kit club). Making the decision last May to joint he kit club has been one of the best decisions I have made in a long time!! The kits are so fabulous and all of the work is done for you in terms of coordinating product from different manufactures. This layout features items from the Boardwalk kit with the Sea Glass add-on (August).


I put this layout together for Shimelle's latest Sketch of the Week, but you will notice that I decided to flip the sketch. I didn't have two portrait photos to use, but I did have two landscape photos...so turning the sketch 90 degrees made sense!! I also didn't use any confetti or paint splatters on this layout, instead using the dotted patterned paper to bring in that element. I also used a few brads on the title block and within the embellishment cluster at the top to tie that in.

I love these photos of my niece with my sister and my nephew with my brother-in-law from their recent vacation to New Hampshire. They were on one of the few train rides they took that week and I love that they thought to take these photos of mom and daughter, and father and son.

Have a fantastic Monday and I will see you back here tomorrow for another Studio Calico layout!! Thanks for stopping by!!
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment