Friday, September 2, 2011

making the card

I know it's only September, and for me to show a Christmas layout may be a little crazy, but that's what I am about to do! I don't scrapbook my photos in chronological order, so when it strikes my fancy to scrap some holiday photos, I do...whether it's in December or August! So my apologies if this holiday layout is a little early for your taste.

In 2009, I visited my sister and her family in Connecticut the week before Thanksgiving. While there, my sister asked me to help her try to get a good photo of her two kids that she could use for their Christmas card. Let me just tell you, getting an almost 3 year old and an almost 1 year old to cooperate is quite challenging. But as she tried to get them both smiling and looking the same direction, I just snapped away, hoping to get that one perfect shot...or at least as close to perfect as we could get. And with a little cropping, we get a pretty darn good photo if I do say so myself.


I used lots of American Crafts Dear Lizzy Christmas collection on this layout. Lots of paper layering as well. And I did stamp the border on the very bottom of the pattern papers as well.

Thanks for stopping by!
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment