Thursday, September 1, 2011

you're so silly

These are some of my favorite pictures! I remember this moment very vividly! It was over 4 years ago, back in July 2007. My niece was in that stage where she was sticking out her tongue all the time and blowing raspberries. In almost every photo I have from this trip, Julia is sticking her tongue out!! So when my sister and I got together to take a few photos, on that very last one, she and I stuck our tongue out. Then in a split second, Julie looked over at me. She had that "what the heck are you doing Aunt Debbie" written all over her face. And I couldn't help but look over at here out of the corner of my eye when she turned to look at me. It was a classic moment that I am sure I will remember for a long time! And of course, I had to scrap those photos and this memory!


I did some misting on this layout, too which was quite fun! I used the kraft doily as a mask. Then I misted the doilies (both the large one on the bottom and the smaller one on the top left). The large doily started out as kraft, which I didn't like on the layout as there was no kraft, so I misted that with some Studio Calico White mist. But then the white doily on the top was off, being that it was too white. So I misted that with Studio Calico's Classic Calico to give it a bit of the kraft color so it would match the larger doily. Love how it turned out! Those flowers in the center were also white to start, but I made them pink using some Spun Sugar Distress Stain (love that stuff...and the inky fingers it leaves me with).

That's what I've got for today! I can't believe it's already September! Halloween is coming soon, then Thanksgiving, then Christmas...pretty soon it will be 2012! I can't believe how quickly time flies by as I get older. I could go onto a very long winded tangent here, I feel it coming, so I will just stop here and wish you all a fantastic start to your September! Thanks for stopping by!!
Deb

1 comment:

  1. This is a great layout! Really glad I stopped by your blog.

    ReplyDelete