Well, so it's been just shy of 5 months since I last blogged. I needed a break from it because I was just not loving it and the work that seemed to be involved with it. I have still be creating...creating a lot actually. I just took away the stress of having to take a pic, which also meant good light outside, editing the pic, posting the pic, and creating the words for the blog post. But I have missed sharing!! So I thought I might start back up again on March 1st, but that came and went, so I just put it off until April 1st and I am happy to be back to blogging. Not going to let it stress me out and let myself think that I have to blog every day!! I've got some things planned to try to make this easier for me and just let it be for fun...because that's why I started blogging in the first place!!
I decided to start working through Shimelle's Sketches from this year...and I'm a little behind...and that's OK with me!! I think she's got 10 up so far for this year...and I am about to show you what I put together for sketch #1. You can check out the sketch and her fabulous video of her page being put together here. In the sketch, there is supposed to be a large photo with two smaller square photos. I ended up adjusting this and just used one 4x6 photo with some pattern papers from Amy Tangerine's sketchbook line. Loving how this one turned out!!
I have been doing currents layouts each month this year so far and I did my March currents on St. Patrick's Day. It is my favorite holiday afterall, so why not!!
Location: our Living Room
Watching: Duck Dynasty for the first time (Rednecks at their finest!)...for the record, I LOVE this show!!
Eating: Five Guys Bacon Cheeseburger with ketchup and Fries
Drinking: Baileys Irish Cream in my coffee and later a Shamrock Shake!!!
Loving: Being on Vacation!!!
Wanting: a nap!
Wondering: Where my crafty mojo went
Thinking: What's next on the to-do list that I want to get done!!!
Since I had two sheets of the patterned paper I used for the top portion of the layout and because I wanted to use my typewriter for the journaline, I cut the frames out all of the frames that I wanted to use. I then adhered some of them directly on top of the original pattern while others got raised off the layout with foam adhesive.