Friday, November 2, 2012

a circle card

I've been playing with my Silhouette SD a lot lately, and decided to take the easy route to making today's card. For her Day 8 circle card, Kristina used her Martha Stewart circle cutter (you can check it out here), and while I have the same circle cutter, I figured that since I had a shape in my silhouette library (this one from Kristina for 2 peas) why not just use that and make it easy on my perfectionist self!!

I didn't have the embossing folder, but I was able to make due using supplies I do have to put something similar (inspired by if you will) together. Here's what I came up with...


I used some diamond stickles on the points of the snowflake layers (used the Damask Snowflakes from Papertrey Ink if you were wondering). The main sentiment is from Papertrey Ink's 2010 Holiday Tags set. Figured the "Let It Snow" sentiment was fitting wtih the snowflakes!! I embossed the tag with white embossing powder onto red cardstock. Here's a better look at the stickles...


I think I am going to have a layout share tomorrow (haven't done that in a while I know) but I may postpone that until Sunday and share my Day 9 card tomorrow instead. I honestly haven't decided! Thanks for stopping by!!
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment