Tuesday, September 13, 2011

don't mess with me

I can be pretty outspoken, or so I am told. My grandma was one to always speak what was on her mind, actually both of them were very much like that! They all too often, did not mince words at all. I admired that in quality in both of them. I have been told that I am very much like this. I like to think that I can tactfully tell someone what I am thinking, but sometimes you've just got to cut to the chase! When my sister was pregnant with her first child, my niece Julia, my Godmother gave her probably they best gift (in my completly biased opinion of course). It was a onesie that said "don't mess with me 'cause my Aunt kicks butt!" Of course, I loved it. Apparently, when my Aunt saw this she knew it was a perfect gift, because she knows me very well!! My niece fit into that onesie when she was about 6 months old. My nephew fit into it when he was about 3 months old.


Thankfully, I was visiting family when each child fit into the onesie so I could get a picture with them!! Two very different photos at two very different times!! I am honestly not sure where this will fit into my album because the photo with my niece is from 2007 and the photo with my nephew is from 2009, but I absolutely had to put them onto the same page! I guess I will figure it out at somepoint...but I am not going to dwell on it right now!!


I put this layout together based on the latest sketch from Shimelle. I used the Tag Sale 3 die from Papertrey Ink and stamped it with an image from the latest Anniversary set. I embellished the rest of the layout with Prima craftable flowers that I painted with Glimmer Glam from Tattered Angels. I used American Crafts pearl brads for the centers of the flowers. I used a bunch of pattern papers on this as well: Bella Blvd, Cosmo Cricket, Sassafras, The Girls' Paperie, with letters from Cosmo Cricket and Lilly Bee (the asteriks in the 'don't' is the Lilly Bee). Then I did some handstitching around the tag because I thought it would be a a great touch!

Hope your Tuesday is treating you well!! Thanks for stopping by!!
Deb

2 comments:

  1. Very, very nice! i love the tag you made. i thought it was a premade embellishment at first! Great story to share :-)

    ReplyDelete