Thursday, September 29, 2011

hello card share

Welcome to Day 4 of my Studio Calico Blog Appreciation week!! Towards the end of last week I received my latest 2peas order with lots of the new Studio Calico. I picked up items from the Classic Calico and Memoir collections. I knew right away that I wanted to make a card with some of those yummy papers from Memoir. Love the different colors in this collection and I can't wait to pick up some of the Mister Huey's that go along with it.


I trimmed 1/2 inch strips off a few of the different patterns and adhered them to a scrap piece of cardstock on an angle. I just kept adding strips and trimming off the ends until I had covered the entire scrap piece. Then I rounded the bottom two corners. I added a few strips across the card from what was left of my original 1/2 inch strips, and layered the strip piece over that. For the sentiment, I stamped the sunburst and the hello sentiment onto white cardstock and embossed with white embossing powder. I then cut it out using a 2 inch circle punch (for the record, it's not quiet the right size, but it's close enough). Then I misted the circle with some new Mister Huey's in Dewey. I added some stitching lines to finish it off!

I'll be back tomorrow with the fifth and final day of Studio Calico blog appreciation week. Until then, thanks for stopping by!
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment