Friday, October 7, 2011

my 2 dogs

I totally missed posting yesterday!! The day just got away from me and by the time it had settled down and I might have gotten on to share this, I was just so tired I decided it could wait until today and I would share two blog posts!! So, on that note, welcome to Day 4 of American Crafts Blog Appreciation!! Today I wanted to share a mini created with the Amy Tangerine collection...pattern papers, fabric paper, bits, thickers, mix tapes, and silhouette designs.








The finished album size is 4x4. I trimmed two sheets of pattern paper to 4x8, scored at the 4" mark, and folded them in half. I also did this same process to some kraft cardstock for the cover. Since I had 2 4" squares left of the trimmed pattern paper, I used those to cover the front and back of the album, leaving the kraft only on the inside covers. Then I stitched the up the middle using my sewing machine and covered the spine with some fabric paper (to cover the stitching and give the book a finished look). For the title, I played off an old TV show called (My 2 Dads in case you were wondering) and I cut the camera that's on the cover with my silhouette (the shape is available in the silhouette store). I used shipping tags from my local office supply store for the journaling, and this is just a few quotes about dogs that I love. I used one of the Amy Tangerine bits for the back cover to let the person know who is looking at the book just exactly who these dogs are, when the photos were taken, and who made the album. Then I decorated the tags and the back with some of the new mix tape that I just got the other day (love this stuff)!!

I will be back later with the final post for AC blog appreciation. Until then, thanks for stopping by!!
Deb

1 comment:

  1. Very very cute!!! I love the size and how perfect it is for the photos!

    ReplyDelete