Friday, October 19, 2012

twice in one week

Hey everyone out there in blog land...I am back...twice in one week!! Can you believe it?? I had hoped to have gotten this card posted yesterday, but I didn't have the energy to drag out my big homemade light box. I did get it out this morning and not only photographed this card, but also a whole slew of layouts I had made that were stacking up. I will be getting those posted here soon!!

So, for my Day 2 card (you can find Kristina's here), I did not have many supplies that she used here. So I just made do with what I did have and put this together...


First...sorry for the not so great picture. I need to work on taking pictures of white cards!! Instead of making a square card, I went with a traditional sized card with the fold at the top. I used Papertrey Ink's Mega Mat Stack 4 die with the rectangle die from their Button Card die set to cut out the center, giving me a nice frame. I then used the dot embossing folder that Kristina used to emboss the frame (which you can't see at all but trust me, the dots are there). Instead of sewing a strip of vellum over the frame, I adhered a piece behind the frame opening. For my tree, I used a scrap piece of glitter POW paper in silver and die cut the image using Papertrey's Christmas Tree die. Love the glittery tree!! I topped it with a red button from Doodlebug tied with some white DMC floss. I added a simple sentiment on a scrap strip along the bottom.

Thanks for stopping by!!
Deb

1 comment:

  1. That sparkly Christmas tree is a showstopper! Love how it fits so perfectly in the frame :)

    ReplyDelete